Best Friend Fails to Justify Crush’s Tinder Behavior
Reports indicate that local BFF Miranda Weinberg is rapidly running out of convincing reasons why your crush, Adam Fenster, has not yet swiped right on your Tinder profile. Weinberg, 21, originally argued that your profile simply hadn’t shown up on his phone. However, after a week of radio silence, she modified her position, stating, “[Adam] doesn’t usually spend that much time on his phone anyway,” and postulating that “he was probably just studying for midterms or something.” Independent analysts, however, were quick to point out that the incident in question occurred during 3rd week, making Weinberg’s “midterms” excuse only moderately plausible. After two weeks without a match, Weinberg switched viewpoints yet again, proposing that the boy in question was “intimidated by how hot you are” and possibly swiped left “by accident” or “out of fear.”
This isn’t the first time that Weinberg has offered far-fetched reasons why your crushes have behaved in particular ways. Last year, Weinberg proposed that attractive upperclassman Bryan Sing failed to reply to your “u up?” text due to technical difficulties.
“Maybe he lost his phone?” Weinberg suggested at the time. “Or like, gave up texting for Lent?”
At press time, Weinberg was arguing that Adam might have died sometime in the past week, even though you almost definitely saw him crossing the Midway yesterday.
Also in the news
- How To Stay Calm When Your Bowling Date Misses An Easy 7-10 Split
- Airline Passenger Detained For Possession of Lethal Weapon 4
- Wall Street Is Filled With Evil Capitalist Scum Except My Dad
- Distressed President Zimmer Forcibly Removed from O'Hare Airport for Soliciting Donations
- Local Horse Festival Immediately Followed By Local Glue Festival
- Heartwarming! After This Campus Tour Guide Fell off the Roof of Logan, Her Entire Tour Group Followed Her Anyways!
- College Student Actually Thinks Grandma Wears Big "Proud UChicago Grandparent" Pin Everyday
- Letter from the Editors
- "You Can Run but You Can't Hide!" Screams Chainsaw-Wielding Dean Ellison
- Ok, That’s The Last Time I Date An Undecided Voter
- Reckless Partygoer Blindly Presses Apartment Buzzer
- Five Tips to Maximize The Efficiency of Your Crying
- An Alphabetical Guide to Parties
- Jeb(!) Bush Caught Tunneling into White House
- Entire Class of 2021 Named “Melvin”
- Student Naming Rights Sold