Kid Behind Me Won’t Stop Answering Rhetorical Questions in Class
“Why would anyone, for any reason, answer a rhetorical question? If you answered that question in your head just now, fuck you- you’re part of the problem.” -Albert Einstein
At approximately 12:47 pm this Tuesday afternoon, resident Ralph Lauren enthusiast Jared Barbosa decided to raise his hand upon hearing his sociology professor ask the question “what more could a person ask for?”. Barbosa then idiotically proceeded to provide a long, in-depth list of other items one could request besides life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness, which mostly consisted of brand-name food products.
After nearly five minutes of this had elapsed, uneasy glances were exchanged around the room. Jared’s mind-numbingly stupid answers to the rhetorical question showed no sign of stopping.
“I mean, at first I was glad Jared was taking up discussion time,” remarked Beth Overdier, a fellow student in the class. “But eventually it got really, really weird. Like, okay, Jared, we get it. Shut up already.”
This was certainly not the first time Barbosa had infuriatingly answered a rhetorical question. Other phrases, like “Are you kidding me?”, “Does a bear shit in the woods?”, and “Et tu, Brute?” were met by Jared with responses of “No”, “Yes”, and “Maybe?”, respectively.
At the time of this article’s writing, Jared had answered no less than fifteen separate rhetorical questions in the hour-and-a-half class. In this reporter’s opinion, Barbosa should be permanently banned from all discussion participation until he can get his shoddy, ignorant, rhetorical-question-answering life together.
Jared, if you’re reading this, what’s it going to take for you to stop, huh? Never mind. I know you just answered that. Fuck you.
Also in the news
- Markets in Disarray as Snapchat Shares Disappear After Ten Seconds
- How to Avoid Eye-Contact with Students Trying to Raise Money for Causes You Support
- University Administration Announces New Bullshit, Half Thought-Out Change With No Prior Consultation
- Scientists 99% Certain That Our Universe is Just Someone’s D&D Campaign
- Turning Point? Vanilla Ice Denounces Donald Trump!
- Opinion: If You Eat Prosciutto, You Are No Longer a Member of the Proletariat
- Op-Ed: I Have No Idea How Rechargeable Batteries Work and Neither Do You
- President Trump Holds Press Conference To Read List of Black Friends
- University Upgrades "No Barriers" Program To "Very Tall Ladders" Program
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Loses Wrestling Match To James “The Paper” Thompson
- Student Asks Mugger If He Takes Venmo
- "Golly Gee Whiz, Gosh Darn It," Says Dean Ellison as He Struggles to Stuff the Final Prospie in the Dumpster
- Traffic on the Quad Grinds to a Halt as Two Students Fail to Walk Past Each Other
- Waffle House Replaces Saieh Hall for Economics
- Study from Center for Practical Wisdom Asserts, "This Was a Complete Waste of Money"
- Tragedy Strikes! Area Woman Gouges Chapstick with Chapstick Cap
- University Completes 80-Year Burton-Judson Hyphenation Project
- White House Leaks: Bannon Sends Trump to Bed, and with No Dessert
- Answers to The Four Questions of Passover