UC Leaks: Questionable Purchases
It’s no secret that the university’s finances are not in great shape. Between a struggling endowment and a high demand for buildings to name, the administration has had to pay a lot of smart administrators a lot of money to keep the school administrated. But the leaked documents include some projects that would certainly strain credulity and the university’s coffers:
2018: Gala Fundraiser Extraordinaire: Cirque Du Soleil has been booked to perform. The document suggests this is meant to pay off debt from past university galas.
2019: A Second North Campus: Architectural renderings indicate that the buildings will be stacked in reverse order so that all three towers of Double North Campus are the same height.
2021: A Endowment Dedicated to Covering the Costs of "Sordid Affairs"
2023: Reopen Reg’s C-Level: Closed in 1923 after a shaft collapse in the book mines killed three scholars, the C-Level houses one of North America’s most plentiful knowledge veins, and university officials are willing to take risks again.
2024: A Freestanding Wind Tunnel: Planned to be built over the Quad, it will have the strength of an F4 tornado.
2027: The “Fun Lazarus Project”: No details in attained documents.
2030: The Jeanne Gang Institute for Prestige Architecture: The university’s newest division will be housed in a crystalline bubble suspended over Washington Park.
2038: The Discourse-Dome: From the papers: "This arena of knowledge looks like the coliseum of condescension and intellectual combat we’ve been waiting for. This un-safe space will feature rhetorical traps, logical pitfalls, and plenty of nuance with which to beat down one’s opponent. The field of ideas runs red with the blood of inferior thinkers."
2050: Subterranean Expansion: A full-scale replica of the university, but with a lower admission rate, is to be built directly beneath campus.
Also in the news
- UC Leaks: University Plans to Build Literal "Information Superhighway" across the Midway
- The Dos and Don'ts of Sorority Recruitment
- Report: Filthy Apartment Has No-Shoes Policy
- First Year Excited to be Surrounded by Diverse Group of Assholes
- Disappointing Dollar Shake Shatters First Year
- UC Leaks: Questionable Purchases
- UC Leaks: Robot Under Mansueto Lonely, Depressed
- Letters from Home: It's Grandpa. Do They Have Free Speech on Your Campus?
- Surviving First Year in a Post Pratt-Faris Separation World
- Why a Woman Needs to Have Her Own Study Spot
- Letter from the Editors
- University Introduces Live Bears to Campus in Crackdown on Safe Spaces
- How Short Is Too Short? Dressing for Office Hours
- Fun Burned in Effigy in Annual Ceremony
- Researchers Discover Dog Dreams Exactly The Same As Dog Reality
- The UChicago Sports Cheers You Need To Know
- Why We Won’t Be Accepting the Nobel Prize for Truth-Telling