Surviving First Year in a Post Pratt-Faris Separation World
It was daunting enough handling first year at UChicago when it was still possible to bask in the warm glow of romantic idealism that emanated from the blessed union of Chris Pratt and Anna Faris. So when the unthinkable happened and the greatest Hollywood fairytale of all time came crashing down this summer, the class of 2021, nay, all of humanity was suddenly faced with the prospect of getting through first year without the euphoric satisfaction of the Pratt-Faris miracle to lean on. To those unfortunate students—indeed, to us all—I offer the following brief survival guide:
1) Try to remember that deep down, you always suspected that Chris Pratt was too good to be true. You could see it in poor Anna’s face; even she knew he’d cheat on her eventually after he lost all that weight.
2) Vent your frustration with Chris Pratt by taking Self, Culture, and Society, where you can revel in the spectacle of Simone de Beauvoir putting Sigmund Freud in his place.
3) Snap out of it! Your first-year love life was going nowhere whether Chris Pratt remained faithful to Anna Faris or not—this isn’t Bucknell, it’s UChicago, for crying out loud.
Also in the news
- UC Leaks: University Plans to Build Literal "Information Superhighway" across the Midway
- The Dos and Don'ts of Sorority Recruitment
- Report: Filthy Apartment Has No-Shoes Policy
- First Year Excited to be Surrounded by Diverse Group of Assholes
- Disappointing Dollar Shake Shatters First Year
- UC Leaks: Questionable Purchases
- UC Leaks: Robot Under Mansueto Lonely, Depressed
- Letters from Home: It's Grandpa. Do They Have Free Speech on Your Campus?
- Surviving First Year in a Post Pratt-Faris Separation World
- Why a Woman Needs to Have Her Own Study Spot
- Letter from the Editors
- University Introduces Live Bears to Campus in Crackdown on Safe Spaces
- How Short Is Too Short? Dressing for Office Hours
- Fun Burned in Effigy in Annual Ceremony
- Researchers Discover Dog Dreams Exactly The Same As Dog Reality
- The UChicago Sports Cheers You Need To Know
- Why We Won’t Be Accepting the Nobel Prize for Truth-Telling