Letter from the Editors
It is with mixed feelings that we, your editors in chief, announce that we are moving on from our positions. You see, after three years of patiently waiting, we have finally gotten off of the waitlist at Harvard, and we could not be more thrilled about the move from a top three university to a top two university.
But rest assured, valued readers; we’re sure you’ll get off the waitlist too! I mean, sometimes the paperwork takes time, and they’re probably swamped with applicants. But you’re certainly statistically qualified! They’d be lucky to have you! And you know what, who needs ‘em anyway? You’ll always be our favorite reader, no matter where you end up! Oh dear, please don’t cry!
We'll always have our memories, right? Remember the time we compared Dean Ellison to Frax from Power Rangers Time Force? How about when our managing editor ate an entire pumpkin, or when we tried to shut down the IOP? And who could forget when the University accepted our bid to become the new supplier at South Mart with that oh-so-memorable pitch, "Less is More!"
Did we accomplish everything we wanted? No. We still haven't demolished Burton Judson to make room for Shady Field. We still haven't found a way to make Net Neutrality funny. The University administration hasn't demanded an apology from us. But still, in a larger sense, we accomplished a whole lot -- we got off the Harvard waitlist! And more importantly, you didn't.
We hope to have brought you a good deal of laughter this year, and if you also happen to be in charge of an RSO, we hope that you were not also severely underfunded by a school with a top-15 endowment. Thank you for the likes, the shares, and the shitposts about us being Clickhole wannabes.
Jacob Levin and Teddy Zamborsky
Editors in Chief, The Chicago Shady Dealer
Also in the news
- How To Stay Calm When Your Bowling Date Misses An Easy 7-10 Split
- Airline Passenger Detained For Possession of Lethal Weapon 4
- Wall Street Is Filled With Evil Capitalist Scum Except My Dad
- Distressed President Zimmer Forcibly Removed from O'Hare Airport for Soliciting Donations
- Local Horse Festival Immediately Followed By Local Glue Festival
- Heartwarming! After This Campus Tour Guide Fell off the Roof of Logan, Her Entire Tour Group Followed Her Anyways!
- College Student Actually Thinks Grandma Wears Big "Proud UChicago Grandparent" Pin Everyday
- Letter from the Editors
- "You Can Run but You Can't Hide!" Screams Chainsaw-Wielding Dean Ellison
- Ok, That’s The Last Time I Date An Undecided Voter
- Reckless Partygoer Blindly Presses Apartment Buzzer
- Five Tips to Maximize The Efficiency of Your Crying
- An Alphabetical Guide to Parties
- Jeb(!) Bush Caught Tunneling into White House
- Entire Class of 2021 Named “Melvin”
- Student Naming Rights Sold