Entire Class of 2021 Named “Melvin”
In an inexplicable turn of events, the University’s Office of Admissions confirmed this Sunday that the entire incoming class of 2021, male and female, is somehow named “Melvin.” No staff member is certain how this happened or how no one was able to recognize this fact during the admissions process.
“I mean, it seems like people would be able to tell,” commented admitted student Melvin Marquez. “Also, just how many people named Melvin are there? Did they just admit every Melvin in the entire world?”
The name Melvin, traditionally used to refer to a male, has not been even the tenth-most-popular name in the entire eighty-nine years name popularity has been recorded in the United States. No one seems to know who these Melvins are, or where they come from.
“Look, there are international students admitted from places like China and India, right?” noted admitted student Melvin “Mel” Rivers. “Are you telling me that a bunch of parents in these foreign countries all decided to name their child Melvin? That sounds completely insane.”
“It seems as though some mistakes were made," said Dean Boyer in a recent press release, “but rest assured, these Melvins are of the highest academic integrity and have been selected because we know they have the capacity to flourish at this institution.”
“I guess, on the bright side it’ll be easy to remember everyone’s name.” mused admitted student Melvin “Vin” Long. “On the downside, adding people on Facebook is gonna absolutely suck."
Student advisors point out that this is hardly a new challenge for students at the University, seeing as the entire admitted class of 2020 was named Sophie.
Also in the news
- How To Stay Calm When Your Bowling Date Misses An Easy 7-10 Split
- Airline Passenger Detained For Possession of Lethal Weapon 4
- Wall Street Is Filled With Evil Capitalist Scum Except My Dad
- Distressed President Zimmer Forcibly Removed from O'Hare Airport for Soliciting Donations
- Local Horse Festival Immediately Followed By Local Glue Festival
- Heartwarming! After This Campus Tour Guide Fell off the Roof of Logan, Her Entire Tour Group Followed Her Anyways!
- College Student Actually Thinks Grandma Wears Big "Proud UChicago Grandparent" Pin Everyday
- Letter from the Editors
- "You Can Run but You Can't Hide!" Screams Chainsaw-Wielding Dean Ellison
- Ok, That’s The Last Time I Date An Undecided Voter
- Reckless Partygoer Blindly Presses Apartment Buzzer
- Five Tips to Maximize The Efficiency of Your Crying
- An Alphabetical Guide to Parties
- Jeb(!) Bush Caught Tunneling into White House
- Entire Class of 2021 Named “Melvin”
- Student Naming Rights Sold